The Heartland Rodeo Association was created in 1995 to promote and continue the sport of rodeo in Manitoba, with the entire family in mind. It is built open family oriented weekends, giving contestants of all ages the opportunity to compete in rodeo events. Today, it is still a strong and growing association, hosting rodeos throughout the year in various locations throughout the province. Competitors strive towards achieving the highest number of points in each of the 9 major and 2 minor events throughout the rodeo season. To end each season, the Heartland Rodeo Association holds a finals weekend, where top qualifiers compete for a chance to win awards.
Nominations for Cowboy and Cowgirl of the Year will be taken by the
HRA Board of Directors until August 27th, 2014.
To nominate someone for the award, please complete the Nomination Form
and forward it to the HRA Office by mail, fax or email.
The HRA Board will choose 3 of the nominees to be voted on by the membership for the award. The nominee with the most votes will be the recipient of the award. The 3 nominees chosen will be profiled on the voting ballots. Voting will take place from the 1st of September until entries the Saturday morning of Finals.
Guidelines for Nominations:
The Cowboy and Cowgirl of the Year Awards are designed to recognize people who:
• Volunteer within the association
• Display sportsmanship to other members, fans, volunteers, etc.
• Do their part to make a difference in the association
• Are willing to help others (whether this be helping behind the chutes, carrying flags, etc)
Click here for nomination form!
Motions for the 2014 HRA AGM are now being accepted.
The AGM will be held on September 7th at 10:00 am in Carman, Manitoba.
It is MANDATORY that all finals contestants attend!
Motions will be accepted until Wednesday, August 27th at 8:00pm.
When submitting a motion, please include the section and number in the rule book in
would like the rule to be added or replaced. Also, please word your motion,
would like it to read in the rulebook.
Any member submitting a motion to the floor, MUST be in attendance at the AGM in order
motion to be presented to the membership.
If you have any questions regarding motions, please contact Jodi Winkler at (204) 436-3418.
Click to enlarge.
Attention HRA Members
The Heartland Rodeo Association is looking for sponsorship for the 2014 Year End Awards. If any members have a business or individual that would be interested in sponsoring an award, please contact Robyn Denbow (Sponsorship Director) or Jodi Winkler (HRA Secretary). Without Sponsors, these awards are not possible.
The HRA was proud to present $600 to the Palliative Care Program at the Selkirk & District General Hospital, in honour of
Tannis Panaschuk. The HRA sold memorial patches in Tannis's honor with all of the proceeds going to this worthy cause.
(Pictured is Claude Potvin, organizer of this event, presenting to the Palliative Care representatives.)
HEARTLAND RODEO ASSOCIATION IS PROUD TO INTRODUCE A
JUNIOR BENNY SERIES
FOR THE 2014 RODEO SEASON
This series will be open to members 13 years of age and under, whereby the top ten contestants in each event
will qualify on the basis of points alone. Where appropriate, one final spot in each event will go the JUNIOR BENNY
competitor with the highest points.
There will be a high point Junior Benny award for both the top male and the top female competitor
for the 2014 rodeo season.
|2013 Cowboy & Cowgirl of the Year
|2013 Cowboy of the Year – Dale Knox
||2013 Cowgirl of the Year – Sam Peters
(KC Peters accepting on her behalf)
2013 Rodeo of the Year
Richer Roughstock Rodeo
CLICK HERE TO VIEW 2013 YEAR END AWARDS
CLICK HERE TO VIEW 2013 FINALS RESULTS
- Manitoba High School Rodeo Association
- 7-6 Ranch Children's Wish Foundation Fundraiser
- Manitoba Bareback/Saddlebronc Riding School
ALL MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING RULES:
ENTRIES/CALL BACK CONDUCT:
- Rude, argumentative or harassing behavior or coarse language towards ACE operator will not be tolerated.
- Entries and callbacks are limited to one call per member. Repeated calls during entries or callback will not be tolerated. The purpose of callback is to find out which performance you were drawn for. Calls for other than this purpose will not be tolerated.
- Entries and callback times are 5:00-9:00pm. Calls outside these times will not be accepted.
- ACE does not guarantee preferred days for entries. If you do not get drawn for the day of your choice, it is your responsibility to find an equal switch. ACE is not responsible for switching/changing the draw once it has been completed.
- The ACE operator’s and board of directors’ decision regarding draws are final.
- All incidents will be documented and forwarded to the board of directors, and may result in fines/suspensions.
Membership must be bought and processed seven days before entries open for the member wishes to enter. Memberships can be bought at the first rodeo of the season.
TURN OUT FINES:
1. A contestant who, upon calling back finds that they do not have the preferred performance asked for, may notify the ACE operator that they will be turning out.
a. At that point the contestant will be responsible for the entry fee, the ACE fee plus be subject to a $10 fine.
b. A contestant who does not notify the ACE operator that they will be turning out will be responsible for the entry fees, the ACE fees plus be subject to a $50 fine.
c. A contestant who is entered to perform in the slack may turn out without a fine, but must pay the ACE fee.
2. A contestant who, upon calling back has received the preferred performance and asked to be turned out will be responsible for the entry fees, ACE fee and be subject to a $50 fine.
3. A contestant who upon doing call back receives the performance of their choice and fails to notify the ACE operator that they will be turning out will be responsible for the entry fees, ACE fees and subject to a $100 fine.
Email entries will be accepted day of entries from 7am-7pm.
Entries are Monday prior from 5-9pm
Callback is Wednesday prior from 5-9pm.
When entering, if there is only one day you are able to attend a rodeo, please state that day "or out (such as Sunday or out)". If you only state one day and do not clarify "or out", it is assumed that it is your preferred day, but that you can compete either day. If you do not get the day of your preference, it is your responsibility to find a switch, but you must notify entries of the switch. If you clarify "or out", and get "or out", it is your responsibility to find a switch. If you switch the contestant you are switching with is then "out" (i.e. will not compete in that event at that rodeo) and you take their spot in the performance. Entries will not be responsible for finding switches or changing the draw once it is completed. Entries does not guarantee preferred days.
Ken was presented this Award at his hometown rodeo
( Shilo Rodeo in July 2011). Ken is being recognized for
all of his hard work and dedication to rodeo over the years. He has been a significant supporter of Heartland and the sport of rodeo in Manitoba for well over 15 years.
Ken helped to make Heartland Rodeo into what it is today. He has served the association as a well respected competitor, judge, and sponsor. He lead the association as President and continued as a board of directors member for many years.
Ken has been a long time member and competitor. He is very proud of his horses who both were recognized as Heel Horse of the Year many times. Ken had the opportunity to rope with his son and grandsons at Shilo Rodeo this past year and he considers this one of his greatest moments in rodeo. Family and friends have always been important to Ken, and he always has a smile or joke to share in and out of the rodeo arena.
Ken Kelly has been an integral part of rodeo in Manitoba and to the Heartland Rodeo Association.
He is the second member to be given the HRA Gold Card Award.
The Heartland Rodeo Association would like to sincerely thank Ken for his contributions to the association.